Monday 10 October 2011

Monday

TGIM... ? It was wonderful to sleep in today! We went to a mall and got my mum's phone looked at, then eventually headed over to our friends house for more food! I thought it would be awkward, but it wasn't! There were so many mashed potatoes and yams, guhh, so delicious. She even had a nice rice addition, which was tasty!! Turns out the husband knows the band that is opening for Rise Against in Vancouver on Wednesday, and he's playing a song with them. When Rise Against heard about it, they said that they wanted to play a song with him too (maybe just one member is going to play with him, I'm not sure), so he gets to play a song with Rise Against! My dad mentioned to him that I'm a massive fan, and he asked (maybe the manager?) if I could get a backstage pass too, and OH MY GOODNESS they said I could, so I have a backstage pass to Rise Against!!
They're a big reason why I'm a vegetarian! On the way to a concert of theirs in '07 (my first concert), my dad mentioned that they were all vegetarians, then we got talking about common reasons for being vegetarian,. I started asking about slaughter houses, feed lots, chicken barns, glue factories and the like, and eventually shouted, 'I'M A VEGETARIAN,' and that's how the story goes.
I'm very excited.

2 comments:

  1. I am so stoked that you get to go! This is a memory that you will share with friends for years to come, so enjoy it. Keep your eyes open and drink it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to hear about it! cool parents, cool connections!!! be thankful!

    ReplyDelete