Tuesday 11 October 2011

Day Twenty-Four

Oh my goodness, one sleep until Rise Against. I could barely sleep last night, so I don't even know what tonight's gonna be like.
In art since I was done my painting (so were two other kids), she had me look through magazines and cut out pages that some kids could use in a collage if they wanted. It was ok - she gave me a pottery knife or something, which is basically just a mini scalpel. Those things are sharp! I had lots of fun. I asked her if I could take my painting home and she had the nerve to be hesitant. Obviously it has to get marked first, but I want to bring it home and scan it before she tacks it up on the wall!
In English we broke into teams, and tomorrow (or the next day? Who really knows) we are going to have a debate about some stuff in the book that most of us should be finished by now.
In math we did math stuff.
In spare one of my friends showed me a trickboard he found on the road, but it was in bad shape. I told him I'd take it home and clean it up for him all nice, so thats what I spent an hour and a half on - it was so much fun! I am a happy camper when I'm working on a board, apparently. I took apart all the bearings, wheels, bushings, and trucks, and oiled them and cleaned them. I tightened and loosened everything that should be, and now it's a halfway decent little board! I had a friend pull me around the hallways during spare on it, until we got in trouble. When spare was over the boy who found the board walked by again and I said, 'Don't board in the school, I got in trouble!' and he said, 'Yea, me too.'
In acting we read monologues, because my groups tech wasn't there, and we don't need to rehearse anymore.

After school we had our first rehearsal for the one act.
Yes, we are monkeys.

1 comment:

  1. cool thing with the board! a real talent! Are you going to post some pics from when you go to Rise Against???

    ReplyDelete