Friday 7 October 2011

Day Twenty-Three!

In art I spent the whole class fiddling with the lines of the chess board. I think I'm finished. We're going to start a 'days of the dead' collage thing. It IS going to be cool, but not as cool as it sounds. I thought it was going to be sort of a report on the face art and stuff that the Mexican people do on their Day of the Dead, but it's not: it's just pictures / articles / drawings of stuff from our dead ancestors. I think I'm going to do my Grandad, then maybe give the finished thing to my Gran for Christmas or something. I think we have his war papers and stuff, and I'm sure I could find a bit more stuff! If I go back far enough, my ancestors turn into pirates and gypsies and I could easily make up a bunch of great-sounding lies, but that would probably make me feel bad.
In English we finished our paper and then just read (well I finished my paper. Not everybody did though). I finished the book in spare. Oh my GOODNESS. Oo, spoiler alert. If you plan to read 'Life og Pi' which I high recommend, don't read this next bit.

The castaway main character (Pi) finds this island of algae that he gets on, and then after a few days he comes to a tree he hasn't seen before and finds some 'fruit' in the tree and takes it down, but it's just a bunch of leaves. He starts unwrapping the leaves until the orange-size glob is just the size of a cherry. Then it gets even smaller, and he unwraps a HUMAN MOLAR. Then he takes down all the fruits, and all 32 human teeth were accounted for! OH MY GOODNESS, he realizes that the island is carnivorous, because during the night he tries to put his feet on the algae (He slept in a tree), but gets burned! Oh my goodness, a carnivorous island! So scary! So then he gets back on the lifeboat with the tiger and almost dies again but eventually gets to Mexico. 
Great story. Oh yes.
In math we worked on stuff, and we got toffees.
I got into a one act! I auditioned yesterday, and today the lists were up. My character's name is Swift (but not Taylor. I think we're monkeys...?). I couldn't help but notice my name was listed first. I've decided this means I'm the main monkey.
In acting we basically worked out, because we just ran through our scene over and over again. For Morgan and I, that consists of running hunched over and loping across the stage like some demented Tarzan. My quads!


Look how sentimental I am!

1 comment:

  1. Main Monkey. Why does this come as no surprise to me?

    ReplyDelete