Thursday 3 November 2011

Day Forty!

Tada!

I can't really recall what we did in art today. I drew some more thumbnails for stuff we may be doing, and I watched the teacher finish my project for me by taping the handles onto the collage to show everybody how to do it (which is awesome, cause I didn't want to do it).
In English we figured everything out with jeopardy, and we blocked out the acting part. Oh boy, it's going to be fantabulous (I say that because it's probably not, but I'm excited because we have fun with it)!
In math half-way through the daily quiz the smoke alarm went off. The teacher asked the TA if there was a drill today and she's all, 'Uhh, no,' So the teacher was like, 'Alrighty then! Everybody go out the backdoor and meet me in the middle of the back field!' And it was scary! I thought we were all gonna watch the school burn. As we left the classroom the halls just REEKED with smoke. We all left and met in the soaking wet back field, thinking about our lunches that were still in the classroom. After about half an hour of getting our shoes wet, we all went back in because it had just been a smoke bomb. Apparently my school had a reputation with smoke bombs, but nothing had happened in a long time and today cost over $1000 in fireman charges or something (that's just what I heard). So all the kids with asthma were coughing and stuff, and the teachers were all really annoyed. There was an announcement urging anybody with info to speak up and stuff, and I think the kids who did it'll be caught, because the school is decked out with cameras.
In spare there were hall monitors walking around, and so many teachers patrolling - and now we can't leave our classes until the bell rings.
During acting our teacher told us that the special needs kids in wheelchairs and stuff can't actually be evacuated until the firemen get there (can't use an elevator during a fire), so they have to stay in a 'safe zone' being terrified until the firemen come, so it was very uncool for them today.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on Fourzies! Good reminder, that it only takes 1 mistake or a person to do a lot of damage. Cool that you're writing through the days! Wow, your memories bring me back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lame-o thing to do. I hope the poor kid who did it gets some help.

    ReplyDelete