Monday 7 November 2011

Day Forty-two

In art we got clay, then we rolled out the clay and cut it to fit around a paint container, which is the right size for the cup we'll be making. I was going to make my cup with a design of space for my mum, but the teacher said that design wasn't very good for what we were doing, so now I'm making it a sea-cope thing. I have a big tentacle going across it, I think it'll end up being cool.
In English we watched the second group's act. They decided to do a movie for it. They worked super hard, and the teacher really liked it, but my picky home-movie nerd side came out and I could barely enjoy it. Ahh well, it was fine. We all had a good discussion about corruption afterwards though, so that was sweet.
In math we started a pretest. The guy beside me showed me a weird design that I couldn't make sense of until he flipped it upside down, then it turned out to be the type of drawing that I would expect from a boy (but I still laughed).
During lunch I floated around, and got invited to a party! I may be busy on the night of it, but who knows, because I don't write anything down ever (good, strong character trait, I know).
In spare I did some homework then drank orange juice. Margo (my 'spare friend') technically is on lock-down by her parents, but if she gets all her work done, she's chill to hang out for the rest of spare, so that's fun.
In acting we worked on blocking our monologues. Mine went from one thing to the other but I think we've got it figured. If I had read my monologue more carefully before choosing it, I would have never chose it. The grammar is flippin' terrible, and it annoys me. It's really awkward to read because a lot of the sentences are tiny and have way too many commas, or a period where there should be a comma. Yea, I know, they may have done it on purpose, but oh my goodness, they've never heard of the word 'and.'
One of the many examples: 'She turned the TV on, turned the volume up loud, very loud.'

No comments:

Post a Comment