Tuesday 22 November 2011

Day Fifty

Fivers! Dude.
Today I woke up at 6 AM by fluke, and the power was out. So thankfully I was able to set my phone alarm for seven, or else I would have not woken up. At seven the lights were still off, so I walked around with my phone as a guide (it's hard to walk around in a new house in the dark that may or may not have boxes in inconvenient places). Eating breakfast in the dark was really hard: the darkness pressing on my face gave me that feeling you get when somebody is leaning right up close to your face and grinning stupidly or something - that, and I kept almost missing my darn mouth with the spoon. Showering in the dark was actually really good. It was like I was still asleep under my warm covers, just dreaming about being awake and showering. When I got to school, everybody was on the deck (cafeteria) waiting to be told by teachers we could go home. There were so many kids, and it was too hot because everybody was breathing. The staff said they were delaying first block until the lights came on (because there isn't any lights in our hallways. It would have been perilous). The vice principle was standing on the stairs, with the megaphone in hand, and we could all tell she was just itching to tell us we could go, but then the lights came on and there was a collective 'Awwwww.'

In art, since half the kids weren't there, and it was almost a half hour late in starting anyway, the teacher just let us drink iced tea out of the cups we made. Mine is functional, and actually looks good! We also did some other stuff, but those things might actually be fit for cute little stocking stuffers, so I'm not gonna talk about them.
In English we started watching The Dead Poet Society. Oh my goodness, it's flipping amazing.
In math it was difficult, and I was sleepy and hungry. Not a happy camper.
During lunch I ate some food and bummed around, and then in spare I read my book!
In acting we saw the other monologues, and gave feedback. Then she had us start writing our actors journal for the monologue. We also got to hear a commercial done by the technical students, and it was funny. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment