Thursday 17 November 2011

Day Forty-seven

Cheese and crackers and water! So delish.

In art she had those of us who were done our cups do this 'negative space' exercise: we got a strip of black paper, drew something on it, then cut out all the pieces, then glued the cut outs and the black paper onto two separate pieces of white paper. It actually was very cool. She said 'no objects,' and, 'no geometric shapes.' That's all she said for guide lines. I drew a butterfly and made it's wings look really cool with the different elements of negative space, then I glued the cut out lines of the butterfly to the other paper, etc. I showed it to her and she said, 'Nope! No objects.' I hadn't thought a living thing was an object and wished she had been more clear, but I'm not the teacher. She also said, 'You're supposed to stick the cut out pieces in a different design on the other piece of paper. Do it again.' I hadn't recalled that part, apparently, but nevertheless I did it again. I drew some random, differently sized blobs, and stuck them haphazardly to the other piece of paper (which is what she intended, I guess, but the butterfly was much cooler and more negative).
In English we watched clips from a movie that is renowned as the 'best film on earth,' by lots of movie critics and stuff. It's a Japanese take on Macbeth, filmed on Mount Fuji. The faces of the actors were always way over the top, but that's because the director was giving homage to Noh (Japanese theatre in which the actors wear very expressive masks). It was made in the fifties, which wasn't all that long ago, yet it was very repetitive. It was good, but with very long scenes of the same stuff (for example: two characters rode horses around in fog, with no dialect, for about five minutes). Good for it's time. We also talked about the novel we're reading. I have 100 pages left to read by tomorrow. I plan to stay up till they're done. Our teacher told us today that after these pages, we will have to read 300 more by Tuesday. Oh my, reading,
In math we did some notes and a quiz and stuff. It was mathalicious.
During lunch I came home and read.
During spare I read.
In acting we really went deeper in our monologue scripts and figured out some better blocking ideas, and things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment