Tuesday 13 September 2011

Day Six

I haven't even had a full week of classes yet, but I feel like I'm totally in the swing of things. No homework, again, thank you very much. In English I got done early, but I had a book (Because my teacher told us that if we finished early, he just wants us to read.) - The Book of Negroes! It's friggin' intense, and I'm only 81 pages in. Acting was fun (As per usual) - we performed our little scenes that we practiced yesterday.
In math, as I was reading the last question the bell rang, but I got my answer written and the homework handed in. My teacher was all, 'Look at you! TWO homework candies owed!' Candy is a bonus on top of the no-homework bonus. My spare dragged again, but that was only because I had no homework, and just sitting is fun, too. I'm not alone during my spare anymore, either! The second day a girl came up to me and said, 'You jumped off the pier a lot during the Summer, right?' And yes, that was me. So now we sit and do homework and chat.
During lunch I managed to keep my shirt spill-free, which is nice. Now I'm at home eating one of the cheese strings that my mum bought, because she never got the chance to pack lunch for a grade four kid (Hey man, I'm not complaining).

3 comments:

  1. Cheese strings! Whee!!! Make sure your math teacher pays you the candy, by the way. He OWES you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum never packed me lunch beyond grade 7. Your mum hasn't packed me a lunch ever. Well, nearly never. Packing my own food insured I wasn't gonna get something dumb to eat. Can YOU imagine your Gran, my mum, making your lunches? Bloody horrible I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahahah this one made me laugh. i love that the girl approached you!!! the beginning of a new friendship! yay!

    ReplyDelete