Tuesday 20 September 2011

Day Eleven

Today as I was leaving the school to walk home my math teacher called me back upstairs into his office, and he told me that he thinks I'm too smart and academic for the Apprenticeship and Workplace math!!! He said he wants to keep me as a student (he then mentioned that was just him being jealous), and he would be able to swing me into his fifth period class if I wanted. HOWEVER, my acting is in fifth period. I have art, English honours, math, lunch, spare, then acting. If they have an acting first period and an Art third or fourth period, I would be a very happy camper. IDEALY, there would be acting in first period, english second, art third, my spare would remain fourth, then have normal-level math in fifth. I want my fourth period to stay a spare because that's when the football games happen, and I just love football (well, any sport). My teacher also told me that if I didn't want to switch my schedule around, I could just keep going with the easy math (which really is easy), and do the normal level math eleven in grade twelve (which a lot of kids do). That last option, though he said it was totally fine as well, seems like kind of a suckers option. 'Yea man, some strings got pulled for me to switch classes around two weeks into the semester, but I didn't do it and stayed at a level heaps easy for me.' ... right? Doesn't that sound just a little lame? I have an appointment with my councillor tomorrow at 9:45, and I'm just PRAYING that my schedule works out the way I want it to work out... I really like my friends in acting, and in art there's one guy whose cool, but I would be willing to make that sacrifice if I could keep all the classes I have, just in a different order. Him telling me that he thinks I would do fine in normal math is a big deal, because I've always considered myself crappy at math. OH MY, I hope for what I hope.


In acting one of our partners dropped out of the class so it was just the two of us, and it was great! The teacher didn't have any comments on how we could improve!
In art we made our rough copies even bigger still, and mine STILL looks good (And this is the fourth time I've drawn it!).
In English we started reading Beowulf!

2 comments:

  1. I TOLD you that you were good at math! Here's hoping it works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO hope it works out. Taking an EASY math class seems almost a waste of time though. could you drop it altogether?

    ReplyDelete