Thursday 29 September 2011

Day Seveteen

**Non-school tidbits**
My ACL (big-boy knee ligament) is still alive! My new best buddy Kyle even told me so. He was really tall and helpful. I told him everything I had done to it (torn hamstring, four twisty-cracky-sprains. I left out the chipped bone bit, because it wasn't related), and he kept a straight face throughout, then said, 'You may have hope, because with previously torn hamstrings, they could just be weak and pretend to be a torn ACL.' Which made me very smiley, because I was terrified that my ACL was blown to smithereens, and even a bit of hope is hope. He did his little poke-bend-twist things, and when he was finished he let out a big sigh. He said that he was really afraid that I had torn it, because everything I said usually means a torn ACL, but it ISN'T! When he was giving my the ultrasound we chatted about my old town, cause he's totally been there. Then when he was giving me a stretch to do he explained it, and I did it no problem. He raised his eyebrows, said maybe I didn't tear it after all, and that he'd have to give me the really advanced version. So. WAHOO!

At school all was well! There was a junior football game but I didn't stay. In art we painted. In English we wrote. In math we mathed, and in acting we acted. Our scene went REALLY well, everybody was sort of speechless and breath-y afterwards. I was told by people who have watched theatre for ages that it was one of the best death scenes they had seen. So the moral of the lesson is: I can die really well! It was sweet. We got really into it, and when my partner stabbed me she screamed so loudly and convincingly, I thought I really had been stabbed for a second. Then when she stabbed me a few more times on the floor, I made myself go all sweaty and shaky, then still. SO much fun - I love dying on stage.

1 comment: