Friday 16 December 2011

Day Sixty-Eight!

Schoooool's out. For. Christmas! Schooool's out. For. Ever!
that was... Alice Cooper.. Just - never mind.
So I got to school this morning at seven fifteen for pancakes with my ugly sweater, but then everybody was in pyjamas too! I had changed my outfit about four times at home trying to find one I liked for today, when I could have just stayed as I was! Doh! So then I ran home and got jammy's on, and was very glad I did. The contest was cute - There was a senior and a junior who both won (bragging rights), and the senior was wearing a Bruins sweater. Ha! At one point I was walking around the halls, and some of my friends were outside, and they saw me through a window in a class room so they banged on the window. We were all wearing our ugly sweaters, so the guy started pretending to flash me, or strip or something, then all of a sudden we heard clapping from the corner of the classroom, and the teacher was definitely in there. He came to me and was like, "... Tell your friend not to quit his day job." Hahah!!
In English we watched Shakespeare condensed! It was these three guys who did Hamlet in like forty minutes or something, and it was freaking hilarious! And I handed in my essay. Whoo!
In math I brought my delicious candy cane brownies, and The Nightmare Before Christmas! There was yummy food, and then we all pitched for Subway. The teacher got a big platter of subs, but then he had a separate little baggy that was my veggie sub - aw!
And, as if to make the day better, during lunch I hoedowned. I didn't know any of the dances except the Macarena and the YMCA, but I hoedowned. I did some square dancing type moves... A dance where you kick and say, 'HEY!' and... Some spinning ones. Then there was slow dancing, but I didn't want to leave like a lame or a shy, so I ran up to the first kid I knew (a grade 9!) and made him dance with me. It was pretty grand. I have no shame when it comes to dancing. I will dance until I can dance no more! Oh, and may I just say how wonderful my school is? At one point they made all of us (way over five hundred kids in that gym, I'm sure) make a massive circle around the middle for a special presentation - so we were all standing against the walls. Then the same girl with down syndrome who cat-walked on Halloween walked into the middle, and the guy with the microphone said she would be doing a dance to Billie Jean, and everybody just went nuts! While she danced we all clapped in time to the music. She was dancing away, and at one point two guys ran up and danced beside her, then left so she could keep doing it. She had moves! Then as the song was ending, the announcer said something and we all ran in to her at the very same time and we all danced and sang and cheered. It was so great.

I was going to go home at spare, but my friend wanted me to stay so I did. I saw some kid that I met at the pier in the Summer. I don't think he goes to our school, but he chills sometimes (but he's from Delta. It's kind of a long way away to chill). Then for the rest of spare (school only went till 1:30 today) we sat at the tables in the deck. Then when gym class got out everybody came and started singing Rudolph and stuff, then the bell rang. It was so fun. Everybody was so happy! Hooray!


This is my ugly sweater.

Perhaps another view?
Oh yes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man! you make me wanna be back in high school again! SIGH! have a great Christmas break!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your sweater is INDEED ugly! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This day sounds too amazing! So many memories made. Makes me really miss High School. The sweater is ugly:you rock it. Enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, dance until you can't dance anymore? Wherever did you get THAT from?

    ReplyDelete