Saturday 14 January 2012

Seventy-Seven(s)

So a friend came over after school, and that's why I didn't post.
In art I started painting! It's going to be intense. In English we started watching the Importance of Being Ernest - funny. In math we had a sub, and she was from South Africa and very... strict. Our normal teacher always lets us chat while we do our quizzes, if we're done. So these two kids were talking quietly, and she's like, 'Okay - wait till you're done the quizzes. Then you can get back to your very interesting conversations.' And it was hard not to laugh, or at least not look terrified. Then the teacher's aid that's always there with our normal teacher put some music on, because he always does that, and after a minute or two the sub came over and flicked it off, then marched back to the desk. THEN, the teacher's aid saw me sitting there, finished my work for the day and looking glazed, as were a heap of other people. Our normal teacher lets us out usually around five minutes early or so, if we're all finished our work. She goes up to the sub and explains this, and the sub just sort of nods, and keeps us there until about a minute before the bell. AND, while she was writing the answers to the quiz on the board (we self-mark our quizzes), she said, 'I won't bother explaining it to you, because it won't make a difference by now anyway if you don't get it.' She told us about South Africa, so that was kind of cool, but... yeah. That was my first bad sub experience! Woohoo! I'm learning!
I can't remember what I did during spare... But in Acting, we had to watch dress rehearsals of the other people (because my group is already finished dress rehearsals). I was a stand in for one group, but other then that we just kind of sat around!

Now we're just heading out the door to pick up one of my friends that lives in Alberta! I haven't seen her in so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment