Thursday 29 March 2012

One Eleven Yesterday and 112 Today!

I forgot to do this yesterday. Don't be hatin'.

Yesterday? Let's see... I wanted to die in math, socials was fine, biology was brilliant (we learned about more viruses) - she made us make models of viruses. Me, Matthew, and Karter took a T4 virus - it was hard. It's a plant virus, and it has these spindly little legs that latch onto a cell then pull it down so it can stick you, then inject it's own DNA in. So cool and nasty. My model sucked - the glue was too old and I creased one area wrong, so half of it didn't line up. I covered it in tape. It cooperated.
Film was as good as ever! We learned about Tim Burton's style of filming and some elements of his movies, then we started watching Edward Scissorhands. I love that movie so much.

Today socials was nice! I like socials. The teacher was telling people that she'd call home if they were doing bad, then she looked at me and said she could call my mum and just say, 'Meadow's awesome,' if I wanted her to. She's funny. In math I understood what we were doing - thank freaking goodness. In film we got about ten minutes before the end of Edward Scissorhands - doh! We're actually getting tested on how it shows Tim Burton's style, and the elements we noticed. It's so cool! A test on a film! Could it be better!? Tomorrow we'll finish it and probably take the actual test, then on Monday we're watching another Burton film. She won't tell us what it is yet, because we're all film nerds and she knows we'll all be happier with a surprise. As for me, I hope it's either Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, or Ed Wood (because I hadn't heard of Ed Wood). In biology we started a project on viruses! She said that it was a partner project so we were supposed to take one computer per two people, but some people didn't get that. Anyway, Karter and I did, so we chose West Nile Virus. Matthew picked Influenza so he could learn what was happening inside of me and tell me about how I was dying. WNV. Crows are the most affected by it! Did you know in 1999, 90% of New York's crow population was wiped out? That's huge.

After school I went to the theatre because I'm the wireless mic kid. It's a HUGE job, but I think I can do it. I have to have an assistant because there's some shows / practices that I can't make, and it'll be good to have her anyway, because it could be a bit stressful trying to rip a guy's jacket off, feed a mic through his shirt, tape it to his face, get the jacket back on, and get him back on stage all at the same time, while doing three other guys as well. It'll be good that she's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment